As per Section 5 of the Act, the functions of the Anti-FGM Board shall be-.
- To design, supervise and co-ordinate public awareness programmes against the practice of female genital mutilation;
- To generally advise the Government on matters relating to female genital mutilation and the implementation of the Act;
- To design and formulate a policy on the planning, financing and co-ordinating of all activities relating to female genital mutilation;
- To provide technical and other support to institutions, agencies and other bodies engaged in the programmes aimed at eradication of female genital mutilation;
- To design programmes aimed at eradication of female genital mutilation;
- To facilitate resource mobilization for the programmes and activities aimed at eradicating female genital mutilation; and
- To perform such other functions as may be assigned by any written